Southern Fried Cabbage
It is easy, and very good! It is hearty, and with biscuits or rolls can serve as a full meal!
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- head of cabbage, chopped
- onion, chopped
- green or red sweet pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- pinch of sugar
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut in thirds
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
How to Make Southern Fried Cabbage
- 1Fry hamburger until no longer pink; do not overcook - it will cook further with cabbage.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- 3*The optional jalapeno is my addition - not in original recipe. Only add if you want some heat!