South Of The Border Eggplant1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 lblean ground beef
1garlic clove, crushed
1 mediumgreen pepper, finely chopped
1 mediumeggplant, peeled and sliced
15 oztomato sauce
1/2 cfeta cheese crumbles
1 cseasoned croutons
How to Make South Of The Border Eggplant
- In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole heat bacon, covered with paper toweling, 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Reserve bacon fat and remove bacon.
- Set aside.
- Add beef, onion, garlic and green pepper to reserved bacon fat.
- Heat, uncovered, 6 1/2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and beef is browned.
- Add eggplant, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, feta cheese and reserved bacon.
- Stir to blend.
- Heat, covered, in microwave oven 8 minutes or until eggplant is tender.
- Sprinkle with croutons and heat, uncovered, an additional 1 minute or until heated through.