Smothered Steak Strips
Dinners are so easy it's just toss together and go! Most ppl think of a crock pot as just winter meals. I use mine all year round! I love that I can make a meal in the summer and not heat up the whole house!
I have an Autistic son (very picky) and he LOVES this meal. My daughter and hubby do as well. I didn't add the green beans to the pot. I steamed them. We don't like mushy veggies. Also it doesn't make it a "stew" type meal. Everyone thinks that's all you can make in a cp but if you use your imagination you can make ANYTHING!
I'd like to hear from you if you try my recipe!
CROCK & ROLL BABY!
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean chuck or round steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 large
- (1lb) can tomatoes
- (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- molasses (optional
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- (10 oz) pkg. frozen green beans
How to Make Smothered Steak Strips
- 1Toss steak strips with flour, salt & pepper; place in crock pot.
- 2Add onion, tomatoes, mushrooms , molasses, & soy sauce to the crock pot.
- 3Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
- 4Add green beans if you'd like in the last 30~45 mins of cook time.
- 5This is great served over rice or noodles.