Smothered Steak Strips
Dinners are so easy it's just toss together and go! Most ppl think of a crock pot as just winter meals. I use mine all year round! I love that I can make a meal in the summer and not heat up the whole house!
I have an Autistic son (very picky) and he LOVES this meal. My daughter and hubby do as well. I didn't add the green beans to the pot. I steamed them. We don't like mushy veggies. Also it doesn't make it a "stew" type meal. Everyone thinks that's all you can make in a cp but if you use your imagination you can make ANYTHING!
I'd like to hear from you if you try my recipe!
CROCK & ROLL BABY!
1 1/2 lblean chuck or round steak, cut into strips
1(1lb) can tomatoes
1(4 oz) can sliced mushrooms
1 Tbspmolasses (optional
3 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1(10 oz) pkg. frozen green beans
How to Make Smothered Steak Strips
- Toss steak strips with flour, salt & pepper; place in crock pot.
- Add onion, tomatoes, mushrooms , molasses, & soy sauce to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low.
- Add green beans if you'd like in the last 30~45 mins of cook time.
- This is great served over rice or noodles.