SMOTHERED LIVER WITH ONIONS
After the April 27th tornado took my home I stayed with neighbors. My little Schitzapoo stayed with me. I had to be near to see about things, hubby stayed at a local motel. They fixed a wonderful bed room for me and Cricket. Their home was our home. Katherine is 91 and her son lives with her. She is totally amazing, doesn't look or act her age. We talked about enjoying Liver and Onions and she's a wonderful cook. Last week they invited me to lunch and she had the most wonderful Smothered Liver and Onions with creamed potatoes and a garden salad. This recipe is in honor of my wonderful friend and neighbor Katherine Cobb.
How to Make SMOTHERED LIVER WITH ONIONS
- 1Cook onions in one Tablespoon of bacon drippings on medium high heat until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Remove membrane from liver. Mix flour with salt and pepper, dredge liver in mixture.
- 3Fry Liver in remaining hot 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings until browned well on both sides.
- 4Add onions and water to liver, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until liver is tender. You can add a little more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- 5Serve with Creamed Irish Potatoes, Garlic Bread and garden salad.
About SMOTHERED LIVER WITH ONIONS
You May Also Like:
Show 40 Comments & Reviews