SMOTHERED LIVER WITH ONIONS
How to Make SMOTHERED LIVER WITH ONIONS
- Cook onions in one Tablespoon of bacon drippings on medium high heat until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove membrane from liver. Mix flour with salt and pepper, dredge liver in mixture.
- Fry Liver in remaining hot 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings until browned well on both sides.
- Add onions and water to liver, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until liver is tender. You can add a little more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Serve with Creamed Irish Potatoes, Garlic Bread and garden salad.