Smothered Hamburg Patties
Bentley Glidden was a chief cook and served this recipe to Jake's Rangers. Jake's Rangers worked at Baxter State Park in Maine years ago. Maurice "Jake" Day was a Ranger, but he was also known as an artist, painting beautiful pictures of Mt. Katahdin.
This is a real comfort food recipe, and as you can see there are no measurements. Just use your own judgement. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes and corn.
- seasoned hamburg patties (with salt and pepper)
- sliced onions
- sliced green peppers (optional)
- canned mushroom soup
- can of water to each can of soup used
How to Make Smothered Hamburg Patties
- 1Panfry the hamburg patties, sliced onions and green peppers.
- 2When almost done, add canned mushroom soup.
- 3Heat and serve.
- 4This is so simple, and it makes it's own gravy.