This was my Mama's go-to dish when we had a houseful of people show up and nothing to feed them.
1 pkgflour tortillas
1 lbground beef
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 pkgcheese, shredded
1 can(s)kidney beans, canned (optional)
1 jar(s)salsa, chunky (optional)
How to Make Smothered Enchiladas
- Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain grease and add taco seasoning mix, cook per pkg directions.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2 large serving spoonfuls (I'm a stickler for accuracy) of the ground beef mixture. Roll tortillas and place side by side in large casserole dish.
- Mix can of soup and can of Ro-tel together in a bowl until most of the lumps are gone and it's well-blended. Pour mixture over tortillas and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, enough to heat through.
- Remove dish from oven, sprinkle cheese over soup mixture and bake another 5 minutes or so, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and chips and salsa.
- *I made these this weekend and didn't have any taco seasoning on hand. I added a can of drained and rinsed kidney beans and a jar of salsa, to the meat and it turned out just as good, if not better, than with the seasoning mix!*