☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbground beef
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 pkgspanish rice
1 csalsa, chunky or picante sauce
4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 can(s)red enchilada sauce, large
10 largeflour tortillas
How to Make Smothered Burritos
- Prepare Spanish Rice per package instructions
- Brown Ground Beef add taco seasonings and follow package instructions for taco meat.
- Stir in salsa and Spanish rice. Remove from heat.
- Cover the bottom of 2 casserole dishes (sprayed with pam) 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Set remaining sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese aside for later.
- Lay out 1 tortilla and add about 1/2 cup of meat mixture to edge of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll into burrito and lay in casserole seam side down. Make 10 Burritos and placing 5 in each casserole dish.
- Divide remaining enchilada sauce over both dishes.
Cover with foil and bake about 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove foil, top with remaining cup of cheese and return to over to melt cheese.
- Serve with sour cream and any other garnishes you enjoy such at chopped tomatoes, onions and lettuce.