This is a favorite with my teenage boys. I used to watch them roll rice and taco meat in tortillas all the time when they were growing up. I ate a smother burrito at Taco Bell and decided I take a cue from them.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
makes 10 burritos
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg
- spanish rice
- 1 c
- salsa, chunky or picante sauce
- 4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- red enchilada sauce, large
- 10 large
- flour tortillas
How to Make Smothered Burritos
- 1Prepare Spanish Rice per package instructions
- 2Brown Ground Beef add taco seasonings and follow package instructions for taco meat.
- 3Stir in salsa and Spanish rice. Remove from heat.
- 4Cover the bottom of 2 casserole dishes (sprayed with pam) 1/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Set remaining sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese aside for later.
- 5Lay out 1 tortilla and add about 1/2 cup of meat mixture to edge of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll into burrito and lay in casserole seam side down. Make 10 Burritos and placing 5 in each casserole dish.
- 6Divide remaining enchilada sauce over both dishes.
Cover with foil and bake about 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove foil, top with remaining cup of cheese and return to over to melt cheese.
- 7Serve with sour cream and any other garnishes you enjoy such at chopped tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
About Smothered Burritos
Leave a Comment