★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 lbbeef short ribs
10 1/2 ozcondensed tomato soup
3/4 cdry red wine
1/4 conion, finely chopped
2 Tbspcooking oil
1 Tbspprepared mustard
2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspcelery seed
How to Make Smoked Short Ribs
- Soak wood chips (Mesquite or Hickory) in enough water to cover about an hour before cooking time.
- Drain chips.
- In covered grill place SLOW coals on both sides of drip pan.
- Sprinkle coals with some dampened wood chips.
- Place ribs, bone side down on grill and replace cover.
- Cook ribs until done, about 1 1/2-2 hours, adding more wood chips every half hour.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan mix tomato soup, wine, onion, cooking oil, mustard, chili powder, paprika, celery seed and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat sauce at side of grill.
- Brush ribs with sauce.
- Grill, uncovered, about 20 minutes more, brush ribs frequently with sauce.