How to Make Smoked Brisket
- Get you're smoker going, heat to 225 degrees. Maintain this temp throughout entire time. Add wood chips. Place apple juice in water pan, fill it up and keep it full.
- Rub Recipe
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Paprika
2-1/2 TBS Course (Salad Grind) Black Pepper
1-1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1-1/2 TBS Garlic Powder
1-1/2 TBS Onion Powder
1 tsp Cayenne (Red Pepper)
2 TBS Kosher Salt
- Mix dark brown sugar and paprika together in a large bowl. Be sure to get rid of any lumps.
- Using a fork, mix in dry ingredients - one at a time at a time. Again, make sure to work out any lumps.
- Wash the brisket, then lay it with fat side up. Score it on the diagonal.
- Rub brisket with prepared yellow mustard, then coat the meat with the rub. Wait 10 minutes, then turn it over so the meaty side is up. Repeat the mustard/rub step.
- Place in smoker, fat side up at 225 degrees for about 6-7 hours. You're aiming for the internal meat temp to be 180 degrees. Remove, cover with foil and let rest for about 20 minutes.