Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe
2 slicewhite bread, torn into small pieces
1/2 cskim milk
2 lblean ground beef
1 tsponion salt
1 1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 tspchili powder
1 can(s)tomato sauce (15 oz)
2 tspbrown sugar
1/2 tsphot sauce
How to Make Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe
- Mash bread and milk into paste in large bowl using a fork.
- Mix in ground beef, salt, pepper, onion salt and garlic powder using hands.
- Brown hamburger until no longer pink.
- Stir in 1 cup tomato sauce and chili powder, scraping up any browned bits.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir remaining tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar and hot sauce into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6-8 hours on low or 3-5 on high.
- Let mixture settle for 5 minutes and then spoon out fat from surface. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon onto buns and serve. Cheese optional.