How to Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Saute onion and garlic with oil in the cooking pot until transparent.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper and then dredge (lightly) in flour.
- Brown roast (on top of the onions and garlic) in the crockpot on both sides (10 minutes).
- Transfer to the slow cooker, add the stewed tomatoes, water and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on setting 4 (of 5) for about 5 hours.
- When done, puree the remaining tomatoes, juices and onions, return to pan, add thickener for gravy.