SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST.
Whoa ... Southern cooking at its best. Biscuits make a fabulous gravy sponge B's and G's.
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1 Tbspsunflower oil
1 largeonion, cut into wedges
3 lbboneless top round or rump roast
3carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 mediumwhite potatoes, cubed
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
2envelopes french onion soup mixes
STEP BY STEP ... EASY ...
How to Make SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST.
- Heat the butter and sunflower oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and beef. Sear the beef on all sides. Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker. Set aside skillet.
- Arrange the carrots, potatoes, and bay leaves around the beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In the saucepan you used to sear the roast, over low heat, pour soup mix and scrap bottom of pan to release the bits from the seared meat, 1-2 minutes, then add 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until the meat is very tender. 3 1/2 hours.
- During the last 1/2 hour of the cooking time for this pot roast, combine cornstarch and 1tsp. water forming a paste like slurry and 2 cups of the pot roast liquid, and reduce, stirring into a gravy. After cooking time, allow the pot roast to rest, 20 minutes. Slice beef and serve w/ vegetables and gravy.
- Serving Suggestion: Steamed strings beans, fresh baked rolls, and a mixed green salad. Maybe a Burgandy, Pinot, Rosierre, even Merlot sends my taste buds into a happy dance. Tootles ;-}.