SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST.
Whoa ... Southern cooking at its best. Biscuits make a fabulous gravy sponge B's and G's.
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp
- sunflower oil
- 1 large
- onion, cut into wedges
- 3 lb
- boneless top round or rump roast
- carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium
- white potatoes, cubed
- bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- envelopes french onion soup mixes
- 1 Tbsp
STEP BY STEP ... EASY ...
How to Make SLOW-COOKER POT ROAST.
- 1Heat the butter and sunflower oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and beef. Sear the beef on all sides. Transfer the beef and onion to a slow cooker. Set aside skillet.
- 2Arrange the carrots, potatoes, and bay leaves around the beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In the saucepan you used to sear the roast, over low heat, pour soup mix and scrap bottom of pan to release the bits from the seared meat, 1-2 minutes, then add 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- 3Pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until the meat is very tender. 3 1/2 hours.
- 4During the last 1/2 hour of the cooking time for this pot roast, combine cornstarch and 1tsp. water forming a paste like slurry and 2 cups of the pot roast liquid, and reduce, stirring into a gravy. After cooking time, allow the pot roast to rest, 20 minutes. Slice beef and serve w/ vegetables and gravy.
- 5Serving Suggestion: Steamed strings beans, fresh baked rolls, and a mixed green salad. Maybe a Burgandy, Pinot, Rosierre, even Merlot sends my taste buds into a happy dance. Tootles ;-}.