Slow Cooker Pot Roast
1beef chuck roast
2 pkg(1/4 oz) dry brown gravy mix
1 pkg(1/4 oz) dry italian salad dressing mix
1 pkg(1/4 oz) dry ranch dressing mix
3 lbsmall new potatoes
2 cbaby carrots
2 mediumonions, quartered
5ribs celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
32 ozbeef broth
1 smallhead cabbage, quartered (optional)
1slow-cooker cooking bag
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Line the Crockpot with the cooking bag. (Makes for easy cleanup)
- Mix the dried mixes together in a small bowl.
- Place beef roast in crock pot and sprinkle 1/2 of the dry mixture over the roast.
- Place vegetables on top of the roast.
- Sprinkle remaining dry mixture over vegetables.
- Pour the broth around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. You may need to add additional broth if liquid gets too thick.
- If adding cabbage, spread it over the top of the veggies and cook for the last hour.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with your favorite hot bread or dinner roll.