Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- beef chuck roast
- 2 pkg
- (1/4 oz) dry brown gravy mix
- 1 pkg
- (1/4 oz) dry italian salad dressing mix
- 1 pkg
- (1/4 oz) dry ranch dressing mix
- 3 lb
- small new potatoes
- 2 c
- baby carrots
- 2 medium
- onions, quartered
- ribs celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 32 oz
- beef broth
- 1 small
- head cabbage, quartered (optional)
- slow-cooker cooking bag
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1Line the Crockpot with the cooking bag. (Makes for easy cleanup)
- 2Mix the dried mixes together in a small bowl.
- 3Place beef roast in crock pot and sprinkle 1/2 of the dry mixture over the roast.
- 4Place vegetables on top of the roast.
- 5Sprinkle remaining dry mixture over vegetables.
- 6Pour the broth around the roast.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. You may need to add additional broth if liquid gets too thick.
- 8If adding cabbage, spread it over the top of the veggies and cook for the last hour.
- 9Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- 10Serve with your favorite hot bread or dinner roll.