How to Make Slow Cooker Old World Sauerbraten
- 1Place roast in a deep ceramic or glass bowl.
- 2Combine water, vinegar, lemon, cloves, onion, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, and sugar. Pour over roast. Cover and refrigerate 24 to 36 hours. Turn roast several times while marinating.
- 3Place roast in slow cooker. Pour 1 cup marinade over roast.
- 4Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker.
- 5Strain juices from roast and return to slow cooker. Stir in gingersnaps. Cover and cook on high 10 to 14 minutes.