Slow cooker beef tips and rice-gluten free!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3-5 lbboneless chuck roast
1-2 boxbeef broth, reduced sodium
1-2 tspgarlic powder
1-2 tsponion powder
1 tsprosemary, dried
2 pkgbrown gravy mix-i use mccormick or pioneer
2 crice or egg noodles
How to Make Slow cooker beef tips and rice-gluten free!
- The night before, trim roast by cutting away as much fat as possible
- Cut roast into bite size cubes
- Add all dry ingredients to the cubed meat inside a gallon size ziplock bag and toss until all the meat is coated. Refrigerate meat (I prepare the night before to let it marinate overnight)
- The next morning around 9 am to serve at 5 pm, Pour the beef broth into your crockpot and slowly add your roast being careful not to splatter. I like to add a little rosemary to the broth also.
- Stir the meat until it's all submerged into the broth and place the lid. Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- At around the 7 hour mark, add your gluten free gravy mix to cool water and whisk until it's all combined. Pour into crockpot and stir. Place the lid and continue cooking for the remaining hour.
- Boil rice or noodles during the last 30 minutes. (I use boil-in-bag rice because I am rice challenged and well, I'm also lazy. But, you can fix your rice anyway you'd like. I've also used egg noodles too and that's just as good!)
- When your beef tips are finished, stir briskly with a fork or whisk to loosen up the meat. When all of the meat is shredded, add in your rice or noodles and stir. Voilà!! It's ready! I usually serve with my "famous" green beans and honey/cinnamon carrots with this meal.