Sloppy Joes enough to feed an army
- 3 lb
- ground sirloin, cooked
- 1 clove
- garlic or garlic powder
- 3 large
- onions and bell peppers, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- hot peppers, chopped, fine (optional) to your taste, i can't take alot of heat but i think it tastes better with just a few chopped up
- 2 small
- cans tomato paste
- 28 oz ketchup
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Sloppy Joes enough to feed an army
- 1In a frying pan, brown 3 lbs. ground beef and drain. I prefer ground sirloin, this is what I use for everything
- 2In separate pan, (sprayed with Pam) saute', the onions, peppers, celery, on low heat. Cover your pan, so that the vegs will saute' in their own juices. Stir. If, they start to stick then add a little bit of butter.
- 3Add everything together in a (sprayed with Pam) large pot or slow cooker. Stir occasionally. If you use a large pot, cooking time will be around an hour. If you are using a slow cooker, cook it to be hot enough to your liking.
- 4Serve on a bun with pickles and chips. This makes a lot and can be made the day before serving. I personally think that it tastes better a day old. Freeze leftovers for another time.