Irisa Raina 9
I have made a similar recipe and it was good, so I thought I'd post this one.
Again please note this is not my recipe.
Donna Musser of Pearl City, Illinois shares her “vine” version of an old standby-sloppy joes made with pumpkin! She adds cloves, nutmeg and chili powder for extra zest and suggests serving with dill pickle slices on the side.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
- •1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- •3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- •1/4 cup ketchup
- •2 tablespoons tomato juice
- •1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- •dash ground cloves and nutmeg
- •dash pepper
- •2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- •2 hamburger buns, split
How to Make Sloppy Joe's
- 1•In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2•Add the ketchup, tomato juice, chili powder, cloves, nutmeg and pepper.
- 3•Bring to a boil. Stir in pumpkin. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.