4 lbbeef round tip roast
2 Tbspcooking fat
·salt and pepper to taste
8 oztomato sauce
1 pkgsloppy joe mix
2 mediumpotatoes, peeled and quartered
1 ccarrots, thickly sliced
1 czucchini, thickly sliced
How to Make Sloppy Joe Pot Roast
- In a dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan.
- Pour off fat drippings.
- Add tomato sauce, water and seasoning mix.
- Return meat to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until done (or cook in a 325 oven for same amount of time).
- Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout.
- Add potatoes and carrots during the last 35 minutes of cooking, zucchini the last 15 minutes.
- Remove meat and keep warm.
- Skim off any excess fat.
- Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Serve sliced meat with vegetables and sauce.