Sloppy Joe Pie
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- green pepper - diced
- onion - medium sized to preference - diced
- 1 can(s)
- sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can(s)
- chili beans
- 2 can(s)
- crescent rolls - the bigger ones work best
- 1-2 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 pinch
- sesame seeds or poppy seeds
How to Make Sloppy Joe Pie
- 1In a medium sauté pan, put in your oil and the ground beef. Sauté on medium to brown the beef, chopping it up and stirring as it browns. When it's half way browned add the onion and the green pepper. Continue sautéing until no more pink shows in the meat.
- 2Add the sloppy Joe sauce and the beans. Stir until heated through.
- 3While this is heating, get out an 11 X 13 ovenproof pan. Open one can of the crescent rolls and gently unroll it into the bottom of the long pan. You are forming the bottom crust. You can pat the dough and stretch it a bit to get it to fit in the pan and come partially up the sides. If you have a few small holes where the seams are that is fine. It is not an exact science. Don't mess with the dough more than you have to. Working with it too long makes it tough.
- 4Pour in the heated mixture. Top with the grated cheese.
- 5Next, open the other roll of crescent rolls and do the same thing to form a top crust. Sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top if you want it to look like a "bun". This is an option but cute-looking.
- 6Bake 30 to 35 minutes. You'll watch for a wonderful, light-golden crust. Let the pie sit on the counter for a few minutes before cutting it.