"Sloppy Joe Casseole"
"A meal in a dish", Since we all love Sloppy Joes in my family, we wanted something a bit different. Something other than a sandwich or dinner. Something in one dish. This hit the spot, and went over well with the family. Quick and tasty too.
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef browned and drained
- med onion diced
- 1/2 C
- med bell pepper diced
- 1 can(s)
- sloppy joe sauce
- 1 1/2 C
- frozen corn
- 2 C
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt or fresh garlic
- 2 C
- mashed potatoe flakes
- 1/4 cup
- sour cream
- beaten egg
- 1 cup
- chedder cheese (shredded)
How to Make "Sloppy Joe Casseole"
- 1Heat your oven: 325.
Brown Beef, Onion, Bell-pepper over Medium Heat. Drain.
- 2Add: Sloppy Joe Sauce & corn; Mix Well. Simmer on lower heat, 5-6 Minutes.Stirring well.
- 3in a Medium saucepan, Bring water and garlic salt to boil.
Remove from Heat, Stir in Potatoe Flakes, till well blended, add; Sur Cream ad egg, Mic well.
- 4In ingreased 2 Qt shallow Casserole;
spoon beef mixture, then spoon potatoe mixture in a circle, all around the edges of the casserole, leaving center open to meat mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake @ 325 for 25=30 min. potatoes will be set.
Optional;top with More Sour cream, Parsley and Olives.
Serve with shredded lettuce Salad.
OOOh and garlic cheese Bread. . yum.
Show 2 Comments & Reviews