Sizzling Steaks and Salsa1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- beef top sirloin boneless, 3/4 inch thick
- 3/4 c
- tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 c
- 2 medium
- green onions, chopped with tops
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- cilantro sprigs
How to Make Sizzling Steaks and Salsa
- 1Combine the tomatoes, salsa, onions and cumin and set aside.
- 2Trim the exterior fat and cut the boneless beef top sirloin steak into 4 serving sized pieces.
- 3Place each on a flat surface, cover with waxed paper and flatten with the bottom of a heavy saucepan, mallet, or cleaver to 1/4-inch thick.
- 4Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- 5Quickly pan broil the steaks for 1 minute.
- 6Turn the steaks and top each with an equal amount of cheese.
- 7Cook 1 to 2 minutes, DO NOT overcook.
- 8Serve the steaks over the reserved salsa.
- 9Garnish with cilantro.