Sizzling Steaks and Salsa1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbbeef top sirloin boneless, 3/4 inch thick
3/4 ctomatoes, seeded, chopped
2 mediumgreen onions, chopped with tops
1/4 tspground cumin
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Sizzling Steaks and Salsa
- Combine the tomatoes, salsa, onions and cumin and set aside.
- Trim the exterior fat and cut the boneless beef top sirloin steak into 4 serving sized pieces.
- Place each on a flat surface, cover with waxed paper and flatten with the bottom of a heavy saucepan, mallet, or cleaver to 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Quickly pan broil the steaks for 1 minute.
- Turn the steaks and top each with an equal amount of cheese.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, DO NOT overcook.
- Serve the steaks over the reserved salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro.