Sirloin Steak Roll
Days later this is what I came up with.
2 -3 lbsirloin steak
1/2onion, minced very very finely
3 clovefinely minced garlic
·handful chopped mushroom
2handful of corn bread bread crumbs
1 pkgfrozen spinach well drained
2 Tbspbutter, melted
·salt and pepper
·flour for dredging
How to Make Sirloin Steak Roll
- Beat the steak until very thin but not thin enough to fall apart season with basil, oregeno,pepper and garlic. Set aside
- mix togehter corn bread bread crumbs with minced onoin,garlic and mushroom.add butter a little at a time. if crumbs are to wet add more cumbs.use the finest crumbs you have and a few chunks for texture.Mixture should be moist not wet. add crumbs to allow you to use all of the melted butter.
- drain spinach completely.
- spread bread mixture on meat from end to end.spread spinach on top of the breading.
- roll meat into a loaf. using toothpicks or twine secure the roll
- dredge in flour for a light coating
- start heating oil in cast iron or oven safe skillet
- preheat oven to 350
- start browning meat roll in skillet
- brown evenly all around until oven heats up
- cover lightly with foil and place on center rack in 350 oven
- cook 45 mins or so meat is ready at 160....
- serve with mashed potatoes and gravy made from you pan drippings. I used left over Bonnie Dare's french dip broth as my gravy liquid....yummy