Sirloin Steak Roll
Days later this is what I came up with.
- 2 -3 lb
- sirloin steak
- onion, minced very very finely
- 3 clove
- finely minced garlic
- handful chopped mushroom
- handful of corn bread bread crumbs
- 1 pkg
- frozen spinach well drained
- garlic powder
- basil, dried
- oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- flour for dredging
How to Make Sirloin Steak Roll
- 1Beat the steak until very thin but not thin enough to fall apart season with basil, oregeno,pepper and garlic. Set aside
- 2mix togehter corn bread bread crumbs with minced onoin,garlic and mushroom.add butter a little at a time. if crumbs are to wet add more cumbs.use the finest crumbs you have and a few chunks for texture.Mixture should be moist not wet. add crumbs to allow you to use all of the melted butter.
- 3drain spinach completely.
- 4spread bread mixture on meat from end to end.spread spinach on top of the breading.
- 5roll meat into a loaf. using toothpicks or twine secure the roll
- 6dredge in flour for a light coating
- 7start heating oil in cast iron or oven safe skillet
- 8preheat oven to 350
- 9start browning meat roll in skillet
- 10brown evenly all around until oven heats up
- 11cover lightly with foil and place on center rack in 350 oven
- 12cook 45 mins or so meat is ready at 160....
- 13serve with mashed potatoes and gravy made from you pan drippings. I used left over Bonnie Dare's french dip broth as my gravy liquid....yummy