Simply the Best Meat Pies
- 3 stick
- margarine, softened
- (3) 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large
- purple/red onion, finely chopped
- 5 clove
- garlic, grated
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (you may substitute any cream soup)
- salt and pepper to taste, and add a pinch of red pepper
THE 1ST 4 INGREDIENTS ABOVE ARE FOR THE CRUST. THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS ARE FOR THE FILLING.
How to Make Simply the Best Meat Pies
- 1Cream together margarine and cream cheese, add flour slowly along with red pepper. Once dough has formed, cover and chill.
- 2Combine beef and pork, brown up. While browning meat, throw in onions, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper (black & red). Once meat and vegies are cooked through, let cool on stove, then add soup and eggs. Mix well. Then chill
- 3Roll dough out fairly thin and cut out rounds with a large biscuit cutter (if dough still seems to thick to you, just us rolling pin to thin out rounds). Put a iced teaspoon full of filling in the middle of the biscuit and fold over to resemble a half moon. Seal with a fork dipped in flour. Place pies on a cookie sheet. You can bake immediately or place the cookie sheet in the freezer. Once the pies are frozen, place them in freezer bags or an air tight container and pull them out to bake as wanted.
- 4Have oven pre-heated to 350 degrees. Bake pies until golden brown, approx. 30 mins. My oven is a little old and cuckoo, so times may vary. These pies are so delicious. I also make one with crawfish, but I have never measured things out, so I'll get back to ya'll with that one.