Silver Plated Pot Roast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 lbpot roast
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 1/2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 bunchcelery, 1" cuts on the diagonal
1 to 2medium onion, sliced thickly
·potatoes, quartered - however many you would like
·pepper to taste
How to Make Silver Plated Pot Roast
- After preparing the vegetables, brown the pot roast on both sides on an outdoor grill. Takes about 20 minutes.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, salt & pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar together in a medium bowl.
- Tear off a 5 foot strip of heavy duty foil and fold in the middle so you have a doubled piece of foil.
Put half of the sauce in the center of the foil and put the browned roast on top. Pile the vegetables on top of the meat, pouring the remaining sauce over it all. Wrap the roast in the foil, folding edges tightly to secure the juices.
- Put a double thickness of foil on the grill and place the roast package on top. Cook 1-1/2 to 2 hours "over slow coals" as my aunt's recipe says, or on low on a gas grill.
- Serve roast in chunks because it's usually too tender to slice! Serve vegetables in a separate bowl and pass the sauce.