- 3 lb
- stew beef
- 3 lb
- cubed pork( roast or ribs)
- 2 large
- cans of tomatoes (diced) no added flavorings
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 4 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp
- toppings: lettuce,tomato,shredded cheese,sour cream, salsa,taco sauce
- flour tortillas
How to Make shredded beef taco's
- 1Place stew beef and cubed pork in large dutch oven, add chopped onions, chopped garlic cloves, both cans of tomatoes, salt and cumin; add enough water just to cover all ingredients.
- 2Place on high heat and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and simmer about 4 hours.
- 3After 4 hours turn heat back up and reduce the liquid, but careful not to let burn, stir often.
- 4When liquid is reduced stir while tearing and shredding meat or you can use a hand mixer to shred meat.
- 5After meat is done remove from heat, heat tortilla on direct burner over fire about 3 sec on each side. I also do this on my electric burner. Or you can heat the tortilla's however you wish. Place couple spoons of meat on tortilla add your favorite toppings.
Show 1 Comment & Review