By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3-4 lbswiss steak
2 can(s)stewed tomatoes with juice (14 1/2 ounces)
4 ozmushroom stem/pieces, drained
2-3 tspgarlic cloves, minced
How to Make Shredded Beef
- Brown swiss steak on both sides in a large dutch oven.
- Add 1 can stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and bay leaves.
- Add enough water to cover the top of the meat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
- When most of the liquid is gone, take meat out of the pan and let cool for a few minutes, (long enough to be able to touch without getting burned).
- Shred the meat with a fork, and put back in pan.
- Add other can of tomatoes and cumin.
- Can also add some salsa if wanted.
- Simmer until all juice is gone.
- Can be used for tacos, burritos, or whatever you want.