By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3-4 lb
- swiss steak
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes with juice (14 1/2 ounces)
- 4 oz
- mushroom stem/pieces, drained
- 2-3 tsp
- garlic cloves, minced
- bay leaves
How to Make Shredded Beef
- 1Brown swiss steak on both sides in a large dutch oven.
- 2Add 1 can stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic and bay leaves.
- 3Add enough water to cover the top of the meat.
- 4Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 hours.
- 5When most of the liquid is gone, take meat out of the pan and let cool for a few minutes, (long enough to be able to touch without getting burned).
- 6Shred the meat with a fork, and put back in pan.
- 7Add other can of tomatoes and cumin.
- 8Can also add some salsa if wanted.
- 9Simmer until all juice is gone.
- 10Can be used for tacos, burritos, or whatever you want.