Shortcut Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Contadina sweet/sour sauce has pineapple chunks, and of all canned varieties its taste is best.
- 1 pkg
- frozen meatballs (about 40 in count)
- 2 (15-oz) can(s)
- sweet and sour sauce (i prefer contadina brand the most, but any brand will work)
- 1 (15-oz) can(s)
- pineapple chunks (don't drain)
- 1 large
- green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small
- sweet onions (vidalla, walla walla), each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- cooked white rice, for serving (optional)
How to Make Shortcut Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place meatballs on a microwave-safe dish, cover with a paper towel, and cook on high setting for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- 3Add sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks (with liquid), pepper chunks, and onion wedges to a 9x13-inch baking dish or roasting pan. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the cooked meatballs, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- 4Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. It's great as is, or it's even better when served over cooked white rice.