Short Ribs with Vegetables
- 3 - 4 lb
- bone-in beef short ribs
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 3 large
- potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb
- baby carrots or peeled carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large
- onion, coarsly chopped or 12 - 16 boiler onions
- celery ribs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 - 6 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 pkg
- brown gravy mix
How to Make Short Ribs with Vegetables
- 3Transfer ribs to slow cooker on top of vegetables. Add garlic.
- 4In the same skillet used to brown ribs, add beef broth and gravy mix and heat until mixed well. Pour over ribs and vegetables in slow cooker.
- 5Cover slow cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours (or on high setting 4 to 5 hours) or until meat is fork-tender and falling off the bones.
- 6Using tongs, transfer ribs to deep platter; discard bones if you like. With spoon, skim fat from sauce in slow cooker and discard fat. Spoon vegetables and sauce over ribs.