By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
3 lbbeef short ribs
3/4 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspvegetable shortening
1 conions, sliced
1garlic clove, minced
1 chot water
2 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1green pepper, in rings
How to Make Short Ribs
- Wipe meat with a damp cloth.
- Trim off excess fat.
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper.
- Dredge meat in mixture to coat completely.
- Heat shortening in large skillet.
- Brown ribs on all sides.
- Remove to a casserole with cover.
- Saute onions and garlic in skillet until golden.
- Spoon over ribs.
- Combine water, bay leaf, brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Pour over ribs, cover, and bake at 350 for 1 3/4 hours.
- Add green pepper rings.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove cooked ribs and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Skim fat off drippings.
- Thicken with a little flour if desired.
- Spoon drippings over meat and vegetables.