★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 regular can(s)
- pinto beans..do not drain
- 6-7 large
- sliced potatoes..you can use more if wanted
- 2 large
- jars of mild salso..i prefer chi-chi-s but any will work
- 1-2 small
- cans of mushrooms..drained
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 2-3 lb
- drained cooked hamburger
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar or substitute to cut acid..optional
- 1 large
- bag of shredded cheese..3 cheese or mexican blend
How to Make Ship Wreck
- 1Slice and boil potatoes until done. I do this while sauce is cooking.
- 2Cook hamburger until well done,onion,mushrooms are done and onions are soft. Drain. Add sugar,beans and salsa.Stir well and simmer for 1-2 hours until sauce is red in color.
- 3Drain then layer potatoes on the bottom of a lasagna pan. Pour sauce over it and take a fork and lightly stir sauce thru the potatos until covered well. Add the bag of cheese all over the top of the mixture and Bake at 350 until cheese is melted well(we like our cheese on the crusty side so you decide how long to bake it)at least 30 minutes.
Let set for 30 minutes to thicken some and cool.Wonderful the next day.
This is my families favorite special meal.