Shepherd's Pie - the cheap way!
2 lbbrowned ground beef (sausage if you're feeling frisky)
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 can(s)mixed vegetables
1 pkggrated cheese [your choice on type/amount]
1 boxinstant mashed potatoes
How to Make Shepherd's Pie - the cheap way!
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Then brown your hamburger and make 6-8 servings of instant potatoes.
- Drain grease from hamburger then mix in mixed vegetables and cream of mushroom soup.
- pour meat/veggie/soup mix into a 13x9 inch pan and spread around evenly.
- spread grated cheese evenly over meat/veggie/soup mixture.
- spoon mashed potatoes evenly over cheese layer
- Add more grated cheese over mashed potatoes
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes (long enough for it to melt the cheese and be hot through and through).
- We like to serve it with simple cornbread. Served with a big spoon or spatula. :)