SHEPHERDS PIE - Quick and Easy
My husband devours this - he is a real meat and potato man! It is always a good meal for cold weather too!
1 1/2 lbground beef
2 tspminced garlic
1 can(s)green beans
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
2 ccheddar cheese
3 cmashed potatoes
How to Make SHEPHERDS PIE - Quick and Easy
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet (I use a cast iron one) with the chopped onion and minced garlic. Break apart the beef into crumbles while cooking. Drain.
- Get mashed potatoes ready. Whether they are left overs, instant, or just prepared add 1 cup of the cheese to the warmed potatoes and set aside.
- After draining the ground beef add water and taco mix in the pan and mix well. Add green beans and the remaining cheese. Warm through.
- Top the beef mixture with the mashed potatoes and spread evenly.
- Place under the broiler 5"-6" from element. Brown for 5-6 minutes.