This was a tremendous hit and everyone had at least seconds!
I used Tone's Brown Gravy Mix which I purchase at Sam's Club. I think it's very good as far as mixes go, but I'm sure other brands would work.
- 2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 c
- 4-5 Tbsp
- brown gravy mix
- 2 c
- corn (frozen, thawed)
- 1 c
- peas (frozen, thawed)
- 4 c
- potatoes, mashed with milk
- salt, pepper, paprika
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Brown ground beef, drain and add return to skillet. Add onion powder and stir.
- 3Add water and brown gravy mix. Stir until mixture boils and thickens. Add corn and peas and remove from heat.
- 4Spread meat mixture in 9x13 sprayed casserole dish and press down.
- 5Have mashed potatoes ready (I used only milk and salt, no butter) and drop dallops onto meat mixture, then spread with spatula to cover meat evently. I used a pastry bag and piped large rosettes.
- 6Sprinkle with pepper and paprika, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.