This was a tremendous hit and everyone had at least seconds!
I used Tone's Brown Gravy Mix which I purchase at Sam's Club. I think it's very good as far as mixes go, but I'm sure other brands would work.
2 lbground beef
1 1/2 tsponion powder
4-5 Tbspbrown gravy mix
2 ccorn (frozen, thawed)
1 cpeas (frozen, thawed)
4 cpotatoes, mashed with milk
·salt, pepper, paprika
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, drain and add return to skillet. Add onion powder and stir.
- Add water and brown gravy mix. Stir until mixture boils and thickens. Add corn and peas and remove from heat.
- Spread meat mixture in 9x13 sprayed casserole dish and press down.
- Have mashed potatoes ready (I used only milk and salt, no butter) and drop dallops onto meat mixture, then spread with spatula to cover meat evently. I used a pastry bag and piped large rosettes.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.