- 2 lb
- ground beef or ground turkey, or for vegetarian, 2 cups mushrooms
- 8 large
- boiled potatoes
- 1-2 can(s)
- vegetables, i use green beans or corn drained
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/4 c
- 1 dash(es)
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper
How to Make Shepherds pie
- 1Peel or wash potatoes and put in pan with covered water to boil, While they are cooking prepare meat mixture.
- 2Brown ground beef or turkey, or if vegetarian put mushrooms in a frying pan, add chopped onion and seasonings. cook until meat is done and onions are soft.
- 3Put meat mixture into a casserole dish, pour the canned vegetables over the meat mixture,and spread evenly, sometimes I do half the pan with corn and half with green beans. On top of the vegetables spread 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup evenly, I use 1 1/2 cans per pound, drain and mash potatoes and spread evenly on top of soup,dot top of potatoes with butter, Bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are golden.