- 1 1/2 lb
- ground round beef
- 3 c
- 1cup of each vegetables - chopped carrots, corn, peas
- 1 1/2-2 lb
- potatoes (3 big ones)
- 8 Tbsp
- butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 c
- cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp
- tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese or cover the whole top
- 1 medium
How to Make Shepherd’s Pie
- 1Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes).
- 2While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 Tablespoons butter (1/2 a stick) in large frying pan.
- 3Sauté onions in butter until tender over medium heat (10 mins). If you are adding vegetables, add them according to cooking time. Put any carrots in with the onions. Add corn or peas either at the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the meat has initially cooked.
- 4Add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce. Add half a cup of beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist.
- 5Mash potatoes in bowl with remainder of butter, season to taste.
- 6I like cheese and so does the family so I sprinkle cheese till I can't see the potato's and then bake.
- 7Cook in 400 degree oven until bubbling and cheese is melted (about 30 minutes). Broil for last few minutes if necessary to brown.
- 8Put in a 13 x 9 casserole dish