★★★★★ 1 vote5
2lbs of ground beef
1 Tbsptomato paste
1 can(s)peas & carrots
1 jar(s)beef gravy
12 lb container of prepared mashed potatoes
1small onion diced (or onion flakes to taste) optional
How to Make Shephards Pie (Quick & Easy)
- Saute the onion in 2 tbs butter until softened.
- Add ground beef & cook until no longer pink, drain off excess grease.
- While ground beef is cooking, warm potatoes in microwave as per pkg directions.
- Mix the veggies, tomato paste & gravy in with the ground beef.
- Place this mixture into a 2 qt ovenproof casserole dish.
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top, run a fork through it to form peaks. Then place under broiler until brown.
- ENJOY.....HAPPY ST. PATRICKS' DAY!