sheperds (cottage) pie
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 stickcelery stalk
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspolive oil
2 lbground beef
1/2 cgreen beans
1 pkgdry onion soup mix
1 tspthyme, dried
1 cbeef broth
How to Make sheperds (cottage) pie
- Peel and cube potatoes and cook until tender, drain
- add butter and milk to potatoes and mash, set aside
- In a skillet. add olive oil, onion, garlic and celery, saute until tender
- add green beans cook until tender
- add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, drain any fat
- add flour, thyme, cook while stirring to avoid a raw flour taste. Then add beef broth and cook until starts to thicken.
- While doing step 6. Preheat oven to 400
- Pour your beef mixture into glass 9X13 pan or casserole dish, then top with mashed potatoes, spreading out to edges to seal.
- Bake at 400 for 30-45 mins or until hot and bubbly.