1 1/2 cdry instant mash potatoes
1 1/2 cwater, boiling
2 Tbspbutter, softened
dash(es)garlic salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbground chuck
1 or 61 pie shell or 6 small pie shells
1 cmixed vegetables, frozen of your likings
1 tspbutter, melted
1 smallonion cut and cubed
How to Make Shepard's Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- In med. saucepan boil the water, milk and butter. Add the instant mashed potatoes, garlic salt and pepper. Stir. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place veggies in water, bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Brown the beef in a med. frying pan. Brown the onions after draining the grease.
- Take the pie(s) add the ground beef 1st, then the veggies 2nd and potatoes last. With a fork drag it across the potatoes and drizzle some melted butter on top.
- Bake for 30 to 45 mins. or potatoes are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve.