Semi-Homemade Beef Pot Pie
How to Make Semi-Homemade Beef Pot Pie
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Set out pie crusts and allow to come to room temperature, at least 15-20 minutes (longer is better).
- 3Prepare 9- or 10-inch pie plate by spraying with non-stick spray.
- 4Drain soup, reserving broth in a medium-sized saucepan.
- 5Remove 1/2 cup soup broth, and whisk together with 1/4 cup flour. It may be lumpy, but it's okay.
- 6Warm broth in saucepan until it begins steaming. S-L-O-W-L-Y whisk in flour/broth mixture. Once broth is smooth, continue heating on medium heat until it thickens. Once the mixture reaches a gravy consistency, remove from heat.
- 7Unroll first pie crust to fill bottom of pie plate, being careful to press along sides and bottom. Add soup contents (meat & vegetables reserved from soup).
- 8Add 1/2 cup of thickened broth. You may add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Cover with remaining pie crust, folding edges down, and either flute the edges or flatten crust to rim of pie plate.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Increase temperature to 425°F, and bake an additional 20 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.
- 11Once removed from oven, let pot pie set for 10 minutes to allow juices to solidify so the broth won't all run out once the pot pie is cut.
- 12While pot pie is resting, pour remaining broth/gravy into 1-quart freezer bag and freeze for future use. This can be used as a starter to make beef stew.
- 13Enjoy! I hope you like it as much as my husband and I!