Seasoned Ground Beef And Dumplings With Veggies
Re-posted to here on June 27th.,2011
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/4 cvegetable shortening
SEASONED GROUND BEEF
1 lbground beef
3/4 cfinel chopped sweet onion
1/2 tspeach of seasoned salt and garlic powder,or to taste
6 cbeef broth
1 1/2 cmixed veggies,(such as corn,green beans,carrots and peas)
How to Make Seasoned Ground Beef And Dumplings With Veggies
- Mix together flour,salt and shortening in a large bowl until small crumbs are formed,then add milk until well blended.
- Roll out dough on a floured cutting board or floured counter until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Roll out dough on a floured cutting board or floured counter until about 1/8 inch thick,and cut into even sized squares.
- Let " air dry" for about 30 minutes.
- While the dumpling dough is "drying", take a large pot and add remaining ingredients except for the beef broth and veggies.
- Cook ground beef until browned and onions are tender, drain if needed.
- Return beef to pan and add beef broth and veggies.
- Bring broth to a boil, and add dumplings a few at a time so the broth can continue to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.