Seared Beef Tenderloin Filets
You may never go to a restaurant again! These turn out just like the expensive steak houses serve. ( I kid you not, they are that good) Cant get any simpler as well!
- beef tenderloin filets (as many as you want to make) cut in 2-3 inch thickness.
- salt to cover filets
- black pepper to cover filets
- 2 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
How to Make Seared Beef Tenderloin Filets
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the middle of oven.
- 2Season the tenderloin filets with salt and pepper.
- 3You need to use an oven proof frying pan for this recipe. (I use my cast iron skillet)
Get you pan very hot. Oil the pan and place the filets on the hot pan.(do not over crowd the pan. Do them in batches if need be or they will not get that professional looking "crust" to them.
Once in pan,
DO NOT MOVE THEM, TURN THEM, OR PLAY WITH THEM.
The idea is to get a nice "crust" on the filet. Let them cook in the hot pan for 5 minutes.
Then turn them over ( to reveal a beautiful crust)
Place the whole pan in the preheated oven right away.
Finish cooking them in the oven until desired done-ness. (again, I never cook tenderloin to a well done. It isnt a cut that fairs well with well done. Medium rare is the way to go in my book!) :)
- 4Rare: sear 5 minutes, Roast 5 minutes
Medium-rare: Sear 5 minutes, Roast 7 minutes
Medium: Sear 5 minutes, Roast 9 minutes.