How to Make Sean's Dogs
- 1Cook bacon to desired doneness. I usually do mine in the oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Boil hotdogs on stovetop till plump.
- 2Drain hotdogs and cool a bit until you can handle them. Split hotdogs lengthwise almost through within a 1/4 in of bottom but do not cut in half.I do this in a 9x13 pyrex glass baking dish to make it easier in the last step. Leave the hotdogs in the pyrex dish.
- 3Once all hotdogs have been split, place 1 piece of bacon in the slit of all the hotdogs.
- 4Top the bacon with one slice of american cheese that has been halved to cover the length of the hotdog.
- 5Preheat oven to broil. Place baking dish about 6" from broiler and broil just until the cheese begins to melt. Keep an eye on it cause the cheese will burn in a flash. Normally takes about a minute or so. Remove from oven and enjoy this simple indulgence!