Screamin' Skillet Sausage and Peppers
1/2 mediumcabbage, shredded
1 largesweet pepper, yellow, orange or red or mixed, cut in medium strips
1 largeonion, halved and then cut into wedges
2 clovegarlic, grated with a microplane
1 lbsausage (italian hot or mild), kielbasa of any type. i am addicted to johnsonville's new orleans flavored brats
2/3 ccherry tomatoes
How to Make Screamin' Skillet Sausage and Peppers
- In a saute pan, heat a couple of tbsps of canola oil until hot and then add the shredded cabbage. Cook down until it is soft, but still has a bit of bite. You can singe it a bit, but don't let it get too browned. Set aside.
- In other pan, with a couple of TBSP of canola oil,add the onions and peppers and sear at fairly high temperatures, getting some burning, then reduce and cook until not quite tender.
- Cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces and add to the onions and pepper. Add the garlic as well. Continue to cook on medium, finishing the onions and peppers as the sausage warms up.
- Add the tomatoes, uncut and continue to stir, letting them pop open. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay a bed of the cabbage on a plate and spoon the sausage/pepper/onions and tomatoes over. Eat, love and eat some more!