Screamin' Skillet Sausage and Peppers
- 1/2 medium
- cabbage, shredded
- 1 large
- sweet pepper, yellow, orange or red or mixed, cut in medium strips
- 1 large
- onion, halved and then cut into wedges
- 2 clove
- garlic, grated with a microplane
- 1 lb
- sausage (italian hot or mild), kielbasa of any type. i am addicted to johnsonville's new orleans flavored brats
- 2/3 c
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp
How to Make Screamin' Skillet Sausage and Peppers
- 1In a saute pan, heat a couple of tbsps of canola oil until hot and then add the shredded cabbage. Cook down until it is soft, but still has a bit of bite. You can singe it a bit, but don't let it get too browned. Set aside.
- 2In other pan, with a couple of TBSP of canola oil,add the onions and peppers and sear at fairly high temperatures, getting some burning, then reduce and cook until not quite tender.
- 3Cut the sausage into bite-sized pieces and add to the onions and pepper. Add the garlic as well. Continue to cook on medium, finishing the onions and peppers as the sausage warms up.
- 4Add the tomatoes, uncut and continue to stir, letting them pop open. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Lay a bed of the cabbage on a plate and spoon the sausage/pepper/onions and tomatoes over. Eat, love and eat some more!