Scrambled Hamburger Ramen Veggie Casserole
Tess (TJM) Moore
I don't cook with sweet potatoes or heavy cream, so it was truly a challenge for me... heheeee....
This dish only uses 1 seasoning, sparingly, and nothing with heat.. as I have acid reflux. This is a basic recipe which can be doubled, along with more spices, items of heat, different veggies and/or meat... make it the way your family would like it!!!
1 pkgtop ramen noodles, beef flavored
1/2 tspolive oil
1 lbground beef - hamburger
1 csweet potato - raw & peeled, then grated like hash browns
1/2 conions, chopped - frozen or fresh
1 cmushrooms, chopped small - fresh
1 ctomato, chopped small - fresh
1 ccelery, chopped small - fresh
1 tspitalian seasoning - mccormick
1/4 cheavy cream or whipping cream
1/4 cmilk, 2%
1 cpeas, frozen
1 ccheddar cheese, may need more
1 scoop(s)sour cream, small dollop
How to Make Scrambled Hamburger Ramen Veggie Casserole
- Cooking the top-ramen noodles in the microwave.
1. 3 cups hot/boiling water in a 5 c plastic container.
2. Crush the noodles within the package before opening
3. Pour crushed noodles into the container of water. Put the beef flavoring packet that was included in the package of noodles off to the side for later use.
4. Cook noodles in microwave for 2 min. uncovered, stir
5. Return to the microwave and cook 1 min.- al dente
6. Drain the noodles, put back into plastic container, sprinkle packet of beef flavoring and add the olive oil... mix gently and set aside
- Have all your veggies etc. prepped for the main step, cooking this dish in a non-stick frying pan, can not wait for you to do the prep work while the frying process is being done....I also only use a wooden paddle utensil the entire time mixing ingredients in the fry pan.
- Crumble hamburger into fry pan set on approx 325°, working with the wooden paddle to continue to crumble while cooking until meat is no longer "pink". Don't drain if you only have a small amount of oil on the bottom... don't want the pan to be dry....
- Add next the sweet potatoes, onions, mushrroms, tomatoes, celery, & Italian Seasoning. Use the paddle to gently turn over the items, working meat from the bottom up... Turn down the heat 300°.... be sure to scrap the bottom as the potatoes want to stick.... When all has been heated (veggies are not cooked completely) and mixed well, pour into a glass container, temporarily off to the side...
- Do not wipe out frying pan with paper toweling or scrap the bottom of the frying pan....
Doing the Scrambled Eggs next -
turn fry pan back to 325°
Break eggs into a glass bowl - scramble all the eggs with a fork and then add the two milks, continuing to scramble.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan. With the wooden paddle scrap the bottom as the eggs cook. As the eggs cook, cut up with paddle into bite size pieces. Do a "soft" scramble, eggs are firm but not with a crust and 98% of the milk liquid has evaporated.
- Pour hamburger mixture, peas and noodles into fry pan with cooked eggs. Use the wooden paddle to scoop eggs from the bottom to the top, mixing everything, gently.
Put the lid on the fry pan, turn down to 300° and let mixture heat completely.. maybe 3-5 min continuing to use the paddle turning ingredients so mixture doesn't burn or crust on bottom of the fry pan.
- Serving Presentation - this can be done in several different ways.
1. Scoop out heated individual portion on serving plate that is microwaveable, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and microwave for approx 1 min. or until melted, take out of microwave and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top of the melted cheese.
- Serving - #2 method
2. Pour mixture into a shallow large casserole pan to serve many people you can refrigerate for up to 24 hrs, or you can freeze for later use.
When you are ready to use this casserole, heat in the microwave, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, generously, return to microwave and cook until cheese is melted, remove and add dollops of sour cream (optional) and serve!!!!!
- Yeah!!!!!! now wasn't that easy!!!! Remember you can customize this dish so many different ways for the delight of your family, potlucks, or the individual. I live alone, so I make mine in small one serving casseroles, freeze, label and bring out when I want a fast healthy, tasty meal... I also don't freeze with the cheese,because I want to heat up the meat mixture then add the cheese and microwave again. I have a mixed fruit cup or applesauce with it... Enjoy!!! Tess....