Scandinavian Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 1/2 lbbeef chuck roast
1 conion, thinly sliced
2 Tbspcider vinegar
2 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
2 Tbspfresh dill, chopped
1 tspdried dill weed
2 smallbay leaves
1/2 csour cream, optional
3 Tbspflour, optional
How to Make Scandinavian Pot Roast
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 4 to 5 quart ovenproof pot over medium heat.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels.
- Add to hot oil along with onion.
- Brown meat on all sides and stir onion occasionally.
- Add beer and cider vinegar.
- Add brown sugar and seasonings.
- Cover tightly and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours in a preheated 325 oven, until meat is fork tender.
- Lift meat to a cutting board.
- Cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and skim fat from sauce.
- If you like, thicken the sauce by stirring in 1/2 cup of sour cream or plain low-fat yogurt mixed with 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Slice meat across the grain and serve with the sauce.