And yes I know that the combination of too much garlic and cinnamon sounds weird but I promise you on the grave of my dearly departed gerbil it's good.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2deep dish pie crusts
2regular pie crusts
1 lbground beef
1 mediumdiced onion
3 - 4 Tbspgarlic
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1 stickbutter, melted
2 - 3 Tbspsugar
1 -2 tspcinnamon
How to Make Saxon Pie
- Blind bake deep dish pie crusts for 10 -15 minutes
- Brown the onions
- Brown ground beef with all of the garlic. You can also season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix browned beef and onions with cream of mushroom soup.
- Spoon ingredients into the deep dish pie crusts. Cover with the regular pie shells. Cut slits into the top crusts. Bake at 350 degrees until top crust is turning brown.
- In a sauce pan melt the butter, add sugar and cinnamon
- About 5 - 10 minutes before pulling the pies out of the oven spoon the butter/sugar/cinnamon mixture over the top and bake.