Savory Swiss Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbround steak
2 tspdry mustard
1finely chopped onion
2carrots, peeled and grated
2stalks celery, finely chopped
1 can(s)tomatoes, 16 ounces
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Savory Swiss Steak
- Cut steak into 6 serving-size portions.
- Coat with a mixture of flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Using a large frying pan, brown meat in half the butter and oil.
- Transfer to crockpot.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in frying pan.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery until glazed.
- Add tomatoes, worcestershire and brown sugar.
- Heat, scraping up drippings.
- Pour over meat.
- Cook on low, 6 to 8 hours, or until tender.
- Serve meat with sauce spooned over.
- Sprinkle with parsley.