Savory Stuffed Cabbage1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 conion, chopped
1 lbtomatoes, canned and cut up
3beef bouillon cubes
5 tspworcestershire sauce
1 lblean ground beef
2 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Savory Stuffed Cabbage
- Pour boiling water over cabbage to cover; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove leaves; set aside.
- In large saucepan heat oil.
- Add onions; saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, bouillon cubes, water and 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix beef, rice, egg, water and remaining 2 teaspoons worstershire sauce.
- Place a tablespoonful on each cabbage leaf; tuck in sides and roll up.
- Place extra cabbage in sauce.
- Arrange stuffed cabbage on top, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.