Savory Beef Stew with Roasted Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.75 lbboneless beef bottom round
1 Tbspolive oil
3garlic cloves, crushed
1 can(s)beef broth
2 tspdried thyme leaves
6plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into quarters
3 smallonions, cut lengthwise into quarters
1.5 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
2 tspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspcornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
3 ccooked couscous
How to Make Savory Beef Stew with Roasted Vegetables
- Trim fat from beef.
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces.
- In dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add beef and garlic (1/2 at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in broth and dried thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 425.
- Lightly spray 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place vegetables in pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar; drizzle over vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Roast in 425 oven 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in roasted vegetables and remaining 2 teaspoon vinegar.
- Serve with couscous.