Savory beef and mushroom pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix (from 2.4-oz. pkg.)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded swiss cheese
How to Make Savory beef and mushroom pie
- 1Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- 2Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, mushrooms, onions and flour over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked and liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- 3Stir in soup mix and half-and-half. Add cream cheese; cook until cream cheese has melted and mixture is hot, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in Swiss cheese.
Pour beef mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edges and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- 4Bake at 375°F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.